Question and answer
Ask your question and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

can my company terminate my employment I had two stokes and am now on long term disability and cpp and was management and can not return to work

Thank you for your question.

If you are unable to return to work permanently in the foreseeable future, then it is possible that your employment may be deemed "frustrated at law", in which case the company would still owe you severance, but only your minimum entitlements.

Otherwise, if you are able to return to work potentially in the foreseeable future and the company terminates your employment anyway, then it could be both a wrongful dismissal and human rights violation.

Please contact us at the number below for more information. Kindly note that there is a two year limitation period from the date of discovery for civil claims, and a one year limitation period for human rights claims. As such, if your employment has been terminated, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment