Question and answer
Ask your question and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I worked with the employer for 3 years and they involuntary terminated me stating that the department structure changed and there is no need for my position. Is that wrongful dismissal and what am I owed?

Generally speaking an employer may terminate an employee at any time, without even having to provide a reason why, as long as it is a 'without cause' termination such that the employee is paid his or her severance entitlements. You have been terminated without cause. To assess your entitlements, please call the number below to speak with one of our employment lawyers. Also below is a link to our Severance Pay Calculator which can provide you with an estimate as to what you are owed.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment