Question and answer
Ask your question and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

I have been on long term disability for 5 years and have now been switched to CPP Disability because I am over 60. I did not receive severance or my vacation pay owed from my employer. What is their obligation and how long do I have to go after them for it?

My name is David Vaughan and I am an employment lawyer with Samfiru Tumarkin. Simply because your long-term disability coverage ended does not mean that your employment was terminated. To terminate the employment relationship, the employer must do so via a written termination letter. With that said, if there's no chance of you going back to work, then your employment would be frustrated and you would be owed severance pay. Please contact our firm to discuss this matter, as well as your LTD issue, in more detail.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment