Question and answer
Ask your question and an Ontario employment lawyer will answer in minutes


Note, your name, city and email is not displayed on the website. It is used to notify you that we have answered your question.

Can I sue my previous employer for failing to file my roe for a month and 2 weeks causing me 6 months of undue financial hardship and still causing undue financial hardship

Hello, and thank you for your question.

You should contact Service Canada immediately and inform them that your employer has failed to issue your ROE in timely fashion. Further, it is possible that you have not been provided with an adequate severance package upon the termination of your employment. Please visit the following link ( to determine your entitlements and then contact us at the number below for a consultation with a lawyer if you wish to discuss your options.
The Lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
Direct Tel (Toll Free): 1-855-821-5900     Email:     Web:
Leave a comment